Monday, January 18, 2010

A leisurely drive

Its an easy Sabbath and a leisurely drive along the highway. There are two lanes going my way. I come to a rare country stop light and roll right up and ‘toe the line.’ Another car pulls along side in the other lane. Beyond the light at about 300ft I can see that our lanes will merge.
The stage is fully set!
If it’s a man, my carnal instinct is to crush the pedal and crush him too as I slip into the merge ahead of him, after all I was here first.
If it’s a woman, my carnal instinct is to crush her as well, after all I can’t let a woman beat me now, can I?
Or I can do what I did. I took my time across the line, while not one but two cars crushed pedals and cruised into the merge ahead of me.
They looked so carnal! It’ll be Monday tomorrow!

Papanui the Storyteller
Aaron T Watene
Nov 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment