Monday, January 18, 2010

Are you Noisey

That which shatters the silence we call noise
That which enhances the silence we call music.

What might you contemplate when you see these lines carried as they are, on the canvass of someone’s body? My mind raced all over the place:
He obviously thought it of considerable import, perhaps it was the cadence in the rhyme, perhaps he felt more; Noise might signify a state of chaos, music would suggest an orderly state. My mind then reflected upon what God said, that ‘His house was a house of order.’ I should not have said that, now I have to clean up the house and bring it back to order before ‘Lani gets home, come to think of it, it does feel like music when things are in order.
I wondered, do I shatter the silence when I speak or do I enhance it? Sometimes utter nonsense flows, then there are sweet moments of peaceful tones that soar. I’m still striving.
He carries it always by his side, the verse will impact his entire life. His judgments of others will be tempered by it. Judgment of himself will be measured against it. Others(me) will be influenced by it, I took a picture!
I’m thankful that he came by.

Papanui the storyteller
Aaron T Watene
Sept 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment