Monday, January 18, 2010

YAHOO THE BOOKS ARE HERE!!!

My wife, Leilani and I gathered Kukui nuts from along the shoreline. They had arrived when mountain rains carried them out to the ocean. The tidal waters would eventually deposit them, often in piles, amidst the seaside debris.

What brought them hither? My answer to that question gave rise to the story that I very much hope you will enjoy:Wailoa and Kukui.

It has been a long journey to get here. I have taken some byways and detours which have lead to nowhere but each sidetrack has had something important to teach me.

One day I was urged to ask a friend if he knew someone who might re-illustrate a story for me. He did know someone. That person had a nephew and the rest is history as they say. Jim Atherton and I have never met physically but we Skype like old friends. His renditions are accurate and faithfully convey the folklore essence of Mana. Together we have chased down printing and freighting costs-mostly Jim and we have been frustrated by delivery delays. Finally, today, I just yanked all my gear and seats out of my van and went to get our books from the docks myself. They look and feel fantastic.

Jim’s depictions have provided the power needed for the messages in this story. This is just the beginning.

Papanui the Storyteller

Aaron T Watene

www.Papanuithestoryteller.com

To view Jims Portfolio and Publishing Blog visit

ATHERTONCUSTOMS PUBLISHING


No comments:

Post a Comment