Monday, January 18, 2010

A Rear Ender

For some the way is long, dreary, bleak
Just hoping to get through another week

Things wearing a path across my mind
Enough of life kicking me in the behind!

Too many errs, too many heartbreaks
Can’t see how to fix all those mistakes

Went about doing things just as I please
Stuff too embarrassing for bended knees

Been a pack of trouble with a capital “T”
Wonder if anybody can ever forgive me?

Maybe someone seeing me in my plight
Can show me just how to put things right

Oh I know I’ve got to kneel and confess
“Help me Lord to make right this mess”

I continue anxious about making amends
Probably have to let go some old friends

I’ll take my lumps, ride out the derision
Looks askance won’t alter my decision

We both know I’ve taken a good lickin’
But I'm still on the books, not yet stricken

So I hope you know I’m comin’ on strong
Nudge me please, tell me when I'm wrong

I’m following a plan by a friend of mine
He’s yours too and He says we’ll do fine

Some adjustments just gonna’ be tough
I think I can handle it, I’ve seen enough

So if your story is anything like mine
Just hunker down, put it all on the line

There’s loads of help both up and down
You’ll emerge some day under a crown

Aloha,
Papanui the Storyteller
Aaron T Watene
Sept. 04, 2009
“You can do it”

No comments:

Post a Comment