Monday, January 18, 2010

A touch of Christmas

Accompanied by a sister and Brother-in-law, the man fretted back and forth, unable to decide what to get his girlfriend. First this, then that and what about this and what do you think of that. After a while I think I began to bleed too, his pain becoming palpable.
He constantly searched his pockets in hopeless attempts to find the requisite funds but always coming up short. His companions made no attempt to help, perhaps there was good reason. Between his earnestness and my growing anxiety, I relented and accepted the $1.85 (way short) for the bracelet and in the ‘spur of the moment’ I threw in a matching pair of earrings as well. His jaw dropped and I stopped bleeding.“Merry Christmas, my man!”


Papanui the Storyteller
Aaron T Watene
Sat. Nov 28, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment